Physiotherapy for pelvic pain.
Women’s pelvic pain is caused by various diseases and conditions in the digestive, reproductive or urinary systems.
It is important to identify pelvic pain as soon as possible as the pelvic area homes vital organs, including your ovaries, uterus (womb), bladder, fallopian tubes and bowel. Pelvic pain can come from multiple sources, so an accurate diagnosis is necessary to treat the pain from every aspect and help women live pain-free.
There are various symptoms related to pelvic pain that can be helped with women’s health physiotherapy, including:
- Sharp stabbing pain inside the vagina
- Pain during intercourse (entry and/or deep penetration)
- Difficulty inserting a tampon or menstrual cup
- Intense pain before or during your period
- Pain when opening your bowels or urinating
It is possible to change pelvic pain symptoms.
Our physiotherapists are highly skilled in understanding and identifying the root cause of your pain.
The causes and risk factors for Pelvic Pain include:
- Endometriosis / Adenomyosis
- Dysmenorrhea (Heavy and painful periods)
- Menopause / loss of oestrogen causing vaginal dryness
- Bladder pain syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis
- Recurrent UTIs or fungal infections
- Vestibulitis / Vestibulodynia
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- History of physical or psychological trauma and/or abuse
- Mental illness such as depression and anxiety
- Traumatic childbirth, perineal / internal tears during childbirth
- Chronic Stress
Your physiotherapist will discuss the treatment options available to manage your symptoms and address the condition’s cause.
Physio Professionals are committed to women's health and wellbeing.
Our physiotherapists will give you the best possible treatment for the best possible outcome.