At Physio Professionals we are experts in assessing and identifying injury risks, correcting poor running technique and addressing bio-mechanical faults.
Our Sport physiotherapists work closely with runners, triathletes and joggers.
- Reduce your risk of injury
- Improve your running economy/efficiency to help you run faster!
- Identify reason for past injuries, to help avoid similar injuries in future!
- Identify your “foot type” to help with correct running shoe selection
What does a Running Gait Analysis involve?
- Expert assessment of your running technique by experienced physiotherapists.
- Treadmill analysis to examine your running technique in detail at various running speeds.
- Video recording of your running for instant viewing, analysis and on-the-spot feedback.
- Correlation with other factors such as footwear, orthotic use, strength and flexibility, to determine potential for improved performance and efficiency, as well as identify areas at risk of (or already causing) injury.
- Detailed action plan and strategies to get your performing better and avoiding injuries.
Common Running Injuries
A running gait assessment is essential for those trying to prevent injuries including:
- Plantar fasciitis/arch pain
- Heel pain
- Shin splints
- Patellofemoral pain (knee)
- ITB syndrome
- Lower back pain
- And more…
- It’s dynamic! That means your running technique is assessed on the treadmill, because your biomechanics can change a lot from standing still, to walking, to running!
- At Physio Professionals, the therapists are all runners and bring a wealth of running experience and knowledge.
- Assessment includes analysis of the whole biomechanical chain (ie, feet, knees, hips, lower back, upper back, shoulders)
Make an appointment today. Call (07) 5438 9111
Running Specialists: Physio Professionals