For shin splints, plantar fasciitis, hamstring strains or ITB pain.
If you have suffered from or currently suffering from these types of injuries you will benefit from a running gait analysis and Musculoskeletal screen.
Physio Professionals are experts in assessing and identifying injury risks, correcting poor running techniques and addressing bio-mechanical faults. Our Sports physiotherapists work closely with runners, triathletes and joggers.
We identify poor biomechanics and abnormalities via a series of anatomical tests and use video technology to identify poor biomechanics that will help you overcome the inefficiencies within your technique.
Running Gait analysis benefits.
- Reduce your risk of injury
- Improve your running economy / efficiency to help you run faster!
- Identify the reason for past injuries to help avoid similar injuries in future!
- Identify your “foot type” to help with the correct running shoe selection
Common running injuries (preventable)
- Plantar fasciitis/arch pain
- Heel pain
- Shin splints
- Patellofemoral pain (knee)
- ITB syndrome
- Lower back pain
When should you consult our physiotherapists?
- Noticeable change in posture
- Injury or illness prior to change in posture
- Noticeable change in how your body moves
- Difficulty walking or running
What does Running Gait analysis involve?
All Physio Professionals therapists are runners and bring a wealth of running experience and knowledge.
Your analysis includes analysis of the whole biomechanical chain (i.e., feet, knees, hips, lower back, upper back, shoulders), as well as:
- Assessment of your running technique
- Treadmill analysis to examine your running technique in detail (At various running speeds)
- Video recording of you running for instant viewing, analysis and feedback
Information from these aspects of your analysis will correlate with other factors such as footwear, orthotic use, strength and flexibility. This correlation will determine the potential for improved performance and efficiency and identify areas at risk of (or already causing) injury.
Physio Professionals are committed to your health and wellbeing.
We will give you the best possible treatment for the best possible outcome.