What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialty that remediates impairments and promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention (therapy using mechanical force and movements).
Many people do not realise that physiotherapists can improve mobility, function and quality of life in the presence or ABSENCE of disease/ pathology or injury.
Below is a list of objectives we have helped individuals with in the past:
- Improving overall posture and mobility
- Preventing work related injury
- Weight loss
- Athlete screening to identify risk factors to help reduce injury risk or improve performance
- Biomechanical analysis to improve sporting technique or work task
- Improving gym/ exercise technique
- Reducing muscular tension and working on preventing the accumulation of tension in the first place.