Women’s Health Physiotherapy Ph 5438 9111
Pelvic Health Problems We Can Help
Women we help come from all walks of life,various ages and stages in life. All have a common goal of getting control back. Your pelvic Floor is like any muscle and can be controlled. Learn how to do this so you can get your life back.
What We Treat
- Stress urinary incontinence (leaking with a cough, sneeze, jog, weight-lift etc)
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Prolapse Grade 1-2T
- Post birth Perineal rauma/ Obstetric Anal Sphincter Injuries (OASIS)
- Rectus Abdominis Diastasis (RAD)
- Post birth there is a window of 6-8 Weeks where treatment can effectively and significantly lessen a diastasis
- Overactive bladder including: Detrusor overactivity, Nocturia, Polyuria, Urinary urgency, Daytime frequency
- General pelvic floor weakness
- Defecation disorders: Constipation, Faecal incontinence
- Pregnancy related pelvic pain and low back pain including pubic symphysis pain, sacroiliac joint pain, costovertebral pain
Benefits of Having Treatment
• Return to non painful sex life
• Regain Bladder and Bowel control.
• Reduce pelvic & coccyx pain
• Cough and sneeze without losing control
• Regain Your Pelvic Floor after child birth.
How common is Pelvic floor dysfunction?
Urinary incontinence affects up to 37% of Australian women.
Prolapse affects approximately 50% of all women who have had a child (some women don’t experience symptoms- others are severely disabled).
Call and Make An Appointment Today 5438 9111.
Get correctly Diagnosed, start the retraining process and get control back.
B.App.Sc (Exer & Sports Sc), Masters of Physiotherapy, Level 3 Sports Physio
Michelle Crew (nee Peauril) is owner of Physio Professionals Caloundra and Kawana and is an experienced physiotherapist that also holds an Exercise Science degree and is a level 3 Sports Physiotherapist. Michelle studied both at Sydney University and Griffith University (Gold Coast) and completed her level 3 sports physiotherpy course at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), Canberra in 2009.
Michelle is known for her Shoulder rehabilitation, working closly with leading Orthopeadic surgeons on the Sunshine Coast, as well as Back rehabilitaion. Michelle is a highly skilled physiotherpist in regards to sports performance and sports injury rehabilitation.
Michelle specialises in the Shoulder, Back, Sporting Injuries and Running Gait Analysis.
Book Online with Michelle: Book Now
Lucy graduated from the University of Birmingham in 2009 and worked in private practice her entire career helping patients achieve pain free living. She has extensive experience in treating a range of injuries including sports, work-related, post-surgery and chronic degenerative conditions. she has been part of the medical team at the London Marathon, international athletics competitions and national university athletics championships. Lucy has also worked closely with GPs in the UK, providing musculoskeletal based education and training as part of their professionals development programmes.
Lucy developed an interest in physiotherapy through being an athlete an suffering numerous injuries herself. She has represented England in Athletics and was British Universities steeplechase champion.
Lucy specialises in Neck and Back Injuries, Sporting injuries and biomechanical lower limb conditions (Knee, Foot and Ankle), Pelvic Floor.
Book Online with Lucy: Book Now